Pages

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Going to the university? Go for the talk first!

I really had no idea wad I'm going to write for this post. Maybe I'll tok on the NTU talk tht I went wif Xiwen on Sat at the Suntec....

We went for the first talk which is the Com Eng talk and the lecturer is like talk and talk, preaching and only the impt pts are at the back...after tht, we went for lunch at the Marina Square (I think so bah) shopping centre.

The food court there had a very nice bird eye's view to the Esplanade and the CBD. I been eyeing for the Black Pepper Chicken Baked rice but I just don like tht uncle who was trying so hard to pull customers...saying:" The food is very yummy yummy delicious one! Wanna try? C'mon lah!" It made me feel like I was in Geylang watching those prostitutes asking for "extra services"....but I pity him lah, so I ordered it.

The food very yummy, and cheap, only abt $3.50 with a small bowl of creamy mushroom soup...hmm all worthwhile. Xi wen one is the Korean food with a very long fish tht is covering her whole arm...for once I tot she lost her arm.

After makaning, we walked back to the talk, but it was abt 25min b4 the next talk, so we went to the lvl bridal exhibition for those wedding thing. There is this young lady who had the longest legs I've ever seen which makes her looked like a stick insect...wah...feel the urge to step on her man...she was giving out the roses (fake one lah). I think she despises us lah, she would rather give it to an obasan than to us...wth?

Wah..the world's most shocking news!!! We saw an Ah Po (old lady) who was walking slowly and steadily to the entrance of the bridal exhibition....we looked at each other and Xi wen pointed out tht that Ah po actually very cool, even went for the NTU talk downstairs cos we can see her hand was holding on to the NTU plastic bag. haha...the most funny thing is, after the Ah po took the bridal exhibit plastic bag...maybe inside got free gifts lah, she actually went inside!!!

Xiwen said tht Ah Po is having her second spring while I think she's reminiscing of her past marriage with her old partner during the young days....and wanna relive it again...Hmm...we could've gone in and watch tht Ah Po wearing the beautiful wedding gown but we decided to give her some face lah...we went for the next talk.

Wah the EEE course lecturer very gibberish, xi wen and I think tht it's a pity he choses to be a professor at NTU rather than a business con man...can earn more money by cheating ppl mah...think if I studied tht course, and if I were to argue wif this professor, I sure lose one. Who can win him? He's an indian (no racist) and his accent is strong and he speaks so fast like a machine gun or AK 47. Must use a glenade to bomb at him to make him stop.

Next is the most interesting talk which is the Communication studies course...at first, the talk is given to two yr 1 students...the yr 1 guy damn cute leh! He's not very tall but his facial features very handsome! So charming when he smiles!!! haha the gal...hmm...eloquent bah.

The professor also very drama, he looked like austin powers and his actions too! I love the way he give a talk, sure entertaining and nobody would fall asleep! True power of giving a talk! Talk abt attention!!! The poor thing of whole NTU talk is tht nobody seems interested in the maritime studies....the table still got a whole stack of brochures there and I think the student sitting at the maritime studies booth is already lifting his legs up on the desk, sleeping soundly...even the room for the talk also placed at the far end ulu ulu place, might as well give a talk deep in the ocean!

So tht's it, I went back home very tired and wanna sleep, keep slapping my head to keep myself awake! I know this is a boring post but I just feel like it!

No comments: